Who we are
With full FIA approval, Superleague Formula is the new, innovative way of engaging and entertaining motorsport fans around the world
Racing like you've never seen
Superleague Formula is the world's most entertaining motor racing experience and a new, unique way of engaging motorsport fans on a global scale.
- 16 identical V12, 750bhp single-seater race cars representing some of the world's most iconic football clubs.
- 16 professional, talented racing drivers competing for more than € 3,000,000 in prize money.
- 8 action-packed race weekends held at prestigious circuits across four continents.
- A radical race format comprising two 40-minute feature races and a fi ve-lap ‘dash-for-cash' Super Final.
- Unrivalled TV entertainment produced by industry leaders and innovators Endemol using cutting-edge broadcast technology.
- Incredible accessibility both on and off track for fans and corporate partners.
Superleague Formula is truly racing like you've never seen!
Produced and designed by Elan Motorsport Technologies - renowned as the largest manufacturer of race cars in the world - Superleague Formula's 16, V12-engined, 750bhp single-seater race cars are designed to provide spectacle by encouraging close, competitive racing and to challenge some of the world's best professional racing drivers.
The car's bespoke-designed V12 engine provides a noise like no other and excites and astounds fans in equal measure. Drivers can also deploy a push-to-pass button eight times per race giving them an extra 50bhp, ensuring multiple overtaking opportunities at every round.
Some of the most talented and exciting racing drivers in world motorsport compete for millions of euros in prize money in Superleague Formula.
Drivers will compete for more than € 3,000,000 in prize money in Superleague Formula 2011 an unprecedented amount in world motorsport
In each of the season's 8 Grand Prix a total of € 250,000 is up for grabs with the Super Final winner taking home a cheque for € 100,000.
The prize for winning the overall title is € 500,000 with € 300,000 for second place and € 200,000 for third. In 2010, champion Davide Rigon won € 1,680,000 in total prize money.
Superleague Formula is unique in giving professional racing drivers the chance to earn real money based solely on their on-track performance.
Superleague Formula employs a race weekend format unique in worldwide motorsport.
Qualifying - Group stage followed by head-to-head quarter-final, semi final and Pole Shoot-out knock-out rounds.
- 3 races in 2½ hours of non-stop action.
- Two 40-minute feature events followed by the dash-for-cash fi ve-lap Super Final.
- A fully-reversed grid second race making for spectacular action as the fastest drivers from race 1 start at the back!
- € 250,000 of prize money up for grabs in the Super Final.
8 Grand Prix across 4 continents on a combination of purpose-built tracks and street circuits
The 2011 calendar strikes a balance between prestigious, historic racing circuits and newly-designed tracks each providing a unique challenge that tests our drivers' skill and courage, pushing them to the limit to create spectacular, exciting racing.
From long-established venues such as Assen and Zolder to groundbreaking events at China and New Zealand, Superleague Formula's unique and diverse calendar is one of a kind in world motorsport.